Whole Food Plant Based Cookies!
* 1 1/4 C canned chickpeas, well-rinsed
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons room temp peanut or almond butter
* 1/4 C maple syrup
* 1 tsp baking powder
* a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it
* 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350°F
Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth.
Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re blended.
1. Stir in chocolate chips. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
2. With wet hands, form into 1 1/2″ balls. Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. (If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising.)
3. Bake for about 12 minutes. The dough balls will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven. They will not set like normal cookies. (Let them cool Completely before removing them!)
4. Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the fridge).