IMPerfect ACTION is better than Perfect INaction!
Read that again. 🤔😳🤓⠀
Moral of the story.
One choice at a time.
My favorite go to “make every week and have on hand” recipe.
* 1 15- ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained) or 1.5 cups cooked (I use the instapot) ⠀
* 1/4 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds ⠀
* 3 Tbsp vegan mayo (sub tahini for a more earthy, nutty flavor)⠀
* 1/2 tsp dijon mustard ⠀
* 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or sub agave)⠀
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion⠀
* 1 tsp dill (finely chopped)⠀
* 1 healthy pinch each salt and pepper (to taste)⠀
1. Add chickpeas to a mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork for texture. Then add sunflower seeds, mayo, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, dill, salt, and pepper and mix with a spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.⠀
2. Scoop a healthy amount of filling onto two of the pieces of toasted bread, add desired toppings. (Love to add Sriracha on mine!!)⠀
3. Chickpea salad will keep covered in the fridge for a few days, making it great for quick weekday lunches!⠀
Pro tip: I never make one batch, and it hardly ever lasts more than a few days!⠀
** Also great on greens, crackers or stuffed in orange and yellow peppers!⠀