Truth is… most people have NO IDEA how good their bodies are designed to feel! (I know I sure didn’t! I mean… what was this “vitality” thing people spoke of! 😳😂)
I’m so proud of you for choosing not be “most people!” One meal at a time!
Here is one of our favorite high protein, nutrient dense warm meals!
One pot Lentil soup!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 diced onion
- 4 large carrots, sliced thin
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth (plus more as needed)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary and thyme
- 2 cups uncooked rinsed brown lentils
- 2cups chopped kale
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add an inch of water, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Season with salt n’ pepper.
2. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender and golden brown.
3. Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more.
4. Add vegetable broth and rosemary or thyme and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a rolling simmer. Then add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender.
5. LASTLY, add your greens, stir, and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes more to wilt. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper for overall flavor.
** Add more vegetable broth if it becomes too thick, or more herbs for more earthy flavor.
6. Enjoy as is or serve with flat bread or over rice!
NOTE: I ALWAYS make this x2 for our family of three growing boys, and reheat the leftovers.